Connected Solutions is a newly established unit that will lead the development of the Volvo Group’s connected solutions and supporting capabilities to further strengthen the Volvo Group position and competitiveness in the area.
At Innovation Lab we do things differently than traditional corporate functions; we work with agile methods in diverse and focused concept and venture teams together with customers, partners, start-ups and members from various part of the Volvo Group. We constantly strive to generate untold value for our customers and finding the next offering for Volvo Group by combining insights across industry sectors, digital trends and data from our connected fleets of vehicles and machines.
Are you passionate about pioneering new services and solutions utilizing digital technologies, data driven insights and working in diverse teams? Do you want to reach your goals together with other people? Then Innovation Lab at Volvo Group Connected solutions is the place for you to prosper.
As Director Business Innovation & Foresight you will lead innovation in new services and solutions from idea generation to new ventures. Main responsibility is to identify opportunities for service innovation based on connected vehicle technology that can improve our customers’ performance, create valuable insights and new business opportunities for the Volvo Group. You will play a key role for new service innovation, Proof of Concepts (POC’s), customer pilots with partners and future internal start-ups. The role requires an agile, networked and servant based leadership style, open mindset and passion to deliver value for our customers.
The position reports to the VP Innovation Lab and is a member of the Volvo Group Connected Solutions Innovation Lab management team.
As Director Business Innovation & foresight, your key responsibilities are:
- Actively participate in forming and develop the team and establish way of working
- Initiate and drive new service innovation projects from idea generation to new ventures
- Collaborate with functions within Connected Solutions as well as with relevant commercial and engineering teams within the Volvo Group to enable successful execution
- Collaborate with external partners, both large multinationals as well as start-up´s with the purpose to explore new opportunities for Volvo Group
- Secure hand-over of the innovation results for commercialization at scale
- Develop the team and lead the day to day business
- Be a member of Innovation Lab management team. As a member of the management team you will be involved in forming the newly established function Innovation Lab.
Competence Profile & Qualifications
To qualify for this role, you should have experience from:
- Experience from work with a lean/agile start-up approach to drive innovation in new business models working in cross-functional teams (customers, partners, commercial and engineering teams)
- Proven experience and understanding of methods such as business model design, Design thinking Lean start-up etc.
- Experienced in working with external partners including, large strategic partners and small start-up´s, on a global arena to create new business offerings
- Experience and proven track record in building and launching your own company or experience from entrepreneurship
- Track record of taking new services/products to commercialization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Leadership experience and proven track record of leading teams
- Successful in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team.
- Excellent professional skills and ability to work in a fast paced, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Humor; because, in the end, working here should be fun
We believe the successful candidate has operational experience from working with software-based service innovation in a global business environment. Ability to think new, personal credibility, integrity and creativity are crucial personal characteristics. You are a social person with strong relationship capabilities and enjoy working with others in flexible team constellations. You have a passion for business, technology and an interest in people.
You have a Master’s degree or equivalent as the basis for your career. You are fluent in English. International business experience is a merit. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record and references.
Location & Timeline
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Frequent travel is expected.
For more information please contact:
Tommy Hansson Strand, VP Innovation Lab +46 765-533637 or Lina Gerlam, HR Business Partner, +46 31 322 82 01
Source : https://www.nyteknik.se/lediga-jobb-teknik/director-business-innovation-foresight-6887764