Ah, Valentine's Day. The day where loved-up couples feel pressure to get each other a ‘meaningful’ present and singles lament stepping out in public due to the heightened amount of PDA on the tube.
While being in either camp can be a tough slog, it wasn’t until the 14th century when Chaucer began to romanticise ‘Valentines’ that a link occurred between St Valentine and romantic love.
And then, just over a century ago in 1913, Hallmark began to mass produce Valentine’s Day cards and February 14 because synonymous with love hearts, flowers and chocolate.
Whether or not you celebrate Valentine’s Day – or celebrated Galentine's Day yesterday with your gal pals – we’ve rounded up some of the best Valentine’s Day quotes and memes from social media below.
1. What every single person is doing this Valentine's Dayi-amphtml-sizer">
2. The only kind of Valentine's Day cards we'll accepti-amphtml-sizer">
3. The only response to when someone asks if you've got a Valentine's Day date
4. When you follow this logic, there's no need to feel sad on Valentine's Dayi-amphtml-sizer">
5. Turn that racket off
6. The only person Kanye wants to spend Valentine's Day with is Kanye. Be like
7. But hey, look on the bright side, you're saving a bunch of moneyi-amphtml-sizer">
8. Time to avoid social media for the next 24 hours
9. Or 'go to work and mope there because it falls on a Wednesday'i-amphtml-sizer">
10. Whether you're single or loved up, just look on the plus side: chocolate will be half price tomorrowi-amphtml-sizer">
Source : https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/happy-valentines-day-quotes-memes-a3766166.html940